Solve your problems
- Low yields
- Nutrient deficiencies
- High nutrient costs
- Inconsistent results
- Hourly consultation
- Nutrient solution design
- Growing setup optimization
- Custom crop monitoring automation
HydroBuddy and Blog
Through my blog I also share my insights and experience in hydroponic culture. From how to properly use and calibrate sensors to the peer reviewed effects of nutrient additives I strive to make this blog a reliable source of high quality practical information for both the commercial hydroponic grower and the enthusiast alike. This blog has been ranked as one of the top 50 hydroponic blogs on the internet by feedspot.
Welcome to my site!
I provide nutrient related consultation services for the hydroponic industry. My name is Dr. Daniel Fernandez and I have worked as a consultant for the past 5 years in the hydroponic industry. I have a bachelor’s degree in chemistry and a masters and Ph.D. in nanoscience and nanotechnology. With my experience in nutrient solution chemistry and management I hope to help you take your crops to the next level.
I provide different types of services to suite your particular needs.
I understand that not everyone needs the same type of assistance and I have therefore designed three specific type of services depending on your needs .
- An hourly consultation service where you can ask any questions and get answers to help you solve problems (150 USD/hour).
- A service for the formulation of a specific hydroponic nutrient recipe for your particular needs coupled with guidance in preparing this formulation.
- An on-going consultation service where you will have me available to answer questions and help guide you through your nutrient needs as your crop or hydroponic project progresses.
This site hosts HydroBuddy – a software I programmed – which is the most popularly used open source calculator for the formulation of hydroponic nutrient solutions and fertilizers. This software has been helping hobby and commercial growers prepare their own fertilizer formulations from 2011 with more than 10 thousands downloads in its lifetime. There are also many peer reviewed academic publications that have used hydrobuddy. Feel free to use or modify this software for your nutrient preparation needs. It’s free and OpenSource! Get the software here.